Credit Card Processing
Wireless Credit Card Processing
Mobilescape's credit card capabilities enable field personnel to perform transactions in seconds over the Sprint Nextel network—the nation's largest wireless network. The process is fast, easy, paperless, and secure.
- Fast – Authorizations usually take less than 10 seconds.
- Easy – Complete transactions in four simple steps:
- Swipe the credit card
- Enter the amount
- Upon authorization, have the customer sign on the screen
- Give the customer a printed receipt with signature
- Paperless – An electronic version of the receipt is transmitted to BankServ’s secure server for storage. The merchant can then review and manage all receipts from the Mobilescape Manager website.
- Secure – All transactions are PCI compliant and secured with the most advanced encryption capabilities available. BankServ’s data security levels far exceed current industry standards for payment transactions.
This simple process improves the customer experience, eliminates credit card receipt handling and storage, reduces fraud, and eliminates lost or stolen receipt records.
Chargebacks, or automatic refunds, can occur when a customer disputes a credit card transaction. If a transaction is contested and the card has not been "swiped" (physically passed through a card-reading device), the amount is immediately charged back to the merchant until the dispute is resolved. More than 1% of all nonswiped credit card transactions result in chargebacks to the merchant—and over 90% of those remain unrecoverable due to lack of valid receipts.
But with Mobilescape, chargeback risks are significantly reduced. Why? When credit cards are swiped with the Mobilescape terminal, specially encoded data—along with the customer’s captured signature—is transmitted with the charge record to BankServ's system. If a dispute occurs, a copy of the merchant's signed receipt can be printed from Mobilescape Manager as proof of a legitimate transaction.
Eliminate Paper Receipt Storage
By storing receipts in an electronic format, the Mobilescape system complies with IRS regulations and credit card issuer policies. For the merchant, the electronic eReceipt, complete with signature, is archived and stored for seven years in one of the most advanced data centers in the world. When a customer dispute arises, retrieval of the original billing and customer signature is accomplished by a simple electronic lookup.
Security—First and Always
All data and communications are PCI compliant and secured with the most advanced encryption capabilities available. Data security levels far exceed current industry standards for payment transactions.